2013/04/15

Searching & finding information...

Now it¨s like 2 weeks left before my take of to Nepal! Woohoo

And I´m trying to get info about all necessary  preparations  I must do before I go.

this is what I found out:






Weather:
Mar – May = good weather, tourist season, but not as busy as Fall.
Jun – Sep = rainy, and July & Aug. Monsoon. Not the best time to come. 


Okay, this is when I do go! So, no pasanada! Then I´w be there during the monsoon, so what :) Anyway, Now I know and It will be good.




Thribuvan Airport – Visas, Customs, and Transportation

The visa and customs are easy to get through, but you need to be a little prepared. Visas to Nepal are issued upon arrival; here is what you will need:
1) A pen to fill out the forms (there are none available in the airport).
2) Two passport size photos (bring plenty of spares as you will need these for trekking permit, visa extensions, and any other official document in Nepal.)
3) US dollars or convertible currency (15 days is $25; 90 days is $100).
4) Address and contact of where you will be staying.


Ok, then I have to get some photos, pen, and I need to get my address, cos that I still don´t have. 

Ant the people from the monastery will come and pick me up. So this is nothing to worry about, but good to know.

And then comes the toilette issue :) which is rather fun! When I told my flatmate about this she said:
 - Oh my god, that could make a "normal person" not to go!

Sorry, this is a lot of text, but rather funny (or scary if you want)



Toilet – This is the obvious next topic. Some Westerners will understandably never be able to break the toilet paper habit and totally go native, but here’s what to expect and what to do. 


In Nepal, when there is an actual toilet, it is usually a “squat” toilet, which if you think about it, is great because you avoid the issue of the dirty seat that no one wants to sit on anyway. So learn to love the squat toilet, it is your friend in Nepal. Beside the toilet, there is a bucket of water with a little pitcher hanging off the side. You are meant to fill the pitcher with water, pour it over your backside and wash yourself with your LEFT hand (never the right hand, that is the eating hand). Then you are supposed to wash your hands too. Remember to hold your hands over the toilet, and NOT the bucket. Most places will have a sink or tap with soap, somewhere nearby, so use that too to wash your hands – you can’t be too careful. If you want to use toilet paper, you need to bring it yourself and be prepared to dispose of it yourself if you are in a rural village. You can carry a plastic bag for trash, and then dispose of it at an appropriate location; ask if there is a place to burn trash. Remember, a lot of the rural villages have no plumbing or septic system, so where are you going to through all this paper? And NEVER throw feminine hygiene products in the toilets, just make yourself a durable trash bag, and get rid of the contents later. Trash is a big problem in Nepal, so if you can get used to the local way of using the toilet, then try, but if not, then just take care of your own trash. My recommendation is carry some anti-bacterial soap, and use if for this purpose. Keep your hands and nails really clean and you will not have a problem and you will actually be cleaner than the other way. Sorry, if this grosses anyone out, it is a reality that I felt I had to address. 



If you are on the bus or micro, you hold up your pinky finger and let the driver see to tell him you need to stop to urinate. On these stops, usually several people get off the bus and go. The men go right next to the road and don’t try to hide anything. The women try to go behind some bushes or what they can. This is normal. The sign for “long toilet” (defecation) is your thumb, but I have never seen anyone hold this up on the bus! But think twice about giving someone the “thumbs up” sign if they ask you if you are okay, or if you liked something. Sometimes your guides will say, “Do you need to do long toilet or short toilet?” Short toilet means urination. They are not embarrassed to talk about or ask about this. It’s just normal. So, you have been forewarned about the basic needs…



all of this info I found an this link:  Before I Came to Nepal, I Wish I Would Have Known..., Do's and Don'ts -- Scams & Jams to Avoid in Nepal its a westerner woman that wrote all info and so much more that I added here, and today she is married and lives in Nepal.  I just must say Thanks to her, cos this was so valuable for me!!

jajaja... now I have to keep on planing, fixing and prepare for this journey! 

Does it scare me of? No way!  I can do it, I will do it and Im looking forward to it :)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar